China and the West have different ways of doing business. For firms to succeed cross-border, it is critical for them to have local know-how and the right local relationships. KC knows both markets well and helps clients frame and execute their objectives.
OUTBOUND from china
- We help Chinese firms accomplish their business objectives in the U.S., Europe, and Israel.
- Communication, special situations, local partnerships, political and regulatory context, crisis management, references.
- Many Chinese firms have stumbled abroad due to unfamiliarity with western regulatory/legal environments and execution/talent acquisition.
inbound to china
- We help western firms understand and (if possible) execute their investment and/or distribution plans in the Chinese market.
- Regulatory environment, local partnerships, deal structuring, references.
- Most western firms fail in China because they are not able to truly understand and communicate effectively and efficiently with their counterparties.
- We help firms to understand the political and geopolitical context to cross-border investment and business activity between China and the west.
outbound from china
- We help Chinese companies to identify and acquire controlling stakes in businesses and assets in the U.S., Europe, and Israel.
- We work as sub-advisors to large western investment banks to help them identify and diligence potential Chinese acquirers.
KC has worked on mandates in the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Banking and Payments / Wealth and Asset Management / Insurance
- Hospitals and Healthcare Services / Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, and Biotech / Senior and Assisted Living
- Media and Entertainment
- Real Estate
- High Tech
- Energy and Mining
KC Media is a special division with KC's investment bank division, devoted to advising clients and pursuing opportunities in the media space. KC Media is headed by Cary Wood, a veteran Hollywood producer.